Texas BlueRags Pet Kitten Contract
- Cat Sold is: __________________________________________________________________
Color / Pattern: ______________________________________________________________
D. O.B: ____/____/______
Price: $__________ Paid: $________ Balance: $__________ on or by: ____/____/______
- Please Print the following information:
Purchasers Name: ____________________________________________________________
City: ____________________________ State: ___________________ Zip: ____________
Phone #: (____)-_____-________ Email: ________________________________________
THE SELLER AND BUYER UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OF THE AGREEMENT:
1. Once you have chosen your specific kitten, a $1000holding fee and signed contract will hold your kitten. BUYER understands the holding fee paid is non-refundable but can be transferable to another cat of the same litter if available or any future litter. All kittens must be paid in full when kitten is 8 weeks old if paying by check, or cash at pick up is allowed. Payments may be made by cash, cashier’s check, or personal check. Personal checks are accepted only until the Balance Due by date noted on contract. After the due date, no checks are accepted. Due to security reasons we no longer accept any electronic payments.
2. Buyer agrees that the inoculation (vaccination) for Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP) is controversial and studies have shown the vaccine to be dangerous and by giving this vaccine, any and all health guarantees in this agreement become null and void. Please check with your vet about the vaccine Feline Leukemia (Felv), your vet can let you know if they feel this vaccination is in your cat's best interest.
NEVER allow the rabies vaccination to be given along with ANY other vaccination. Failure to comply will void all said guarantees.
3. If for any reason Buyer becomes unwilling or unable to keep the Cat and provide the Cat with proper food, shelter, and medical attention, Buyer agrees to surrender the Cat to Seller, unconditionally, with no reimbursement or refund to Buyer.
4. Buyer agrees that it will not be sold, traded or given away to any pet shop, laboratory or adoption facility that has any kind of euthanasia practice. Breeder has the first right of refusal if cat is to be re-homed outside of buyers family.
5. If buyer is purchasing the Cat as a show quality cat. Buyer may show the Cat in shows; however, the Seller makes no representations or guarantees.
6. The cat will not be allowed to roam outdoors unattended or supervised, there is too much risk, and buyer agrees the cat will be indoors only.
7. One or more scratching posts, fresh water and dry food will be provided for the cat at all times.
8. The cat will not be given any over the counter or prescription medication without a vet's written understanding and approval. By giving any medication without the approval of a vet will void any and all health guarantees in this agreement.
9. The cat will be kept free from pests such as fleas, ear-mites, fungus, worms, etc. by example: Revolution (recommended), Advantage or Frontline.
10. Buyer understands that de-clawing is a major surgery on a cat and that it removes the first knuckle, which can and has led to behavioral problems and health issues. The Buyer understands that in no circumstance is the cat to be de-clawed. In the event that the de-clawing procedure is performed, the buyer assumes all responsibility for the health and behavioral issues afterwards and does not hold Seller responsible, and understands that de-clawing the cat will void any and all health guarantees in this contract.
11. LIMITED WARRANTY: The cat must be examined by a licensed veterinarian, for a health check within one week after receiving cat, and a copy of the vet bill must be sent back to the Seller as proof of the exam if a problem is detected. Purchaser is responsible for entire vet bill. If it is found that there is any serious/life threatening health question, purchaser has one week after the veterinary exam in which to ask for a replacement cat. This request MUST accompany a letter from your veterinarian stating why the cat’s health is in question. If purchaser fails to comply with any aspect of this agreement, purchaser forfeits any rights purchaser may otherwise have.
12. GENETIC GUARANTEE: Cat has a FOUR-year guarantee against lethal genetic or congenital defects from the date of this contract. Urinary Tract Infections and Crystals are not a genetic defect, and can be caused by food or lack of water, therefore is not covered under the health guarantee. If cat should die or be destroyed due to a genetic defect during this period seller agrees to replace the cat with the next available cat of like quality, upon being provided with a necropsy (autopsy) report from a licensed, impartial veterinary pathologist or vet records indicating diagnoses from at least two examinations from 2 different Vets (not in the same practice) prior to death. The report must state that death was unquestionably a genetic or congenital defect. Seller will not be responsible for any shipping or transportation costs.
13. In the event of a sudden or unexplained death, purchaser agrees to have an autopsy performed by a licensed veterinary pathologist and to forward the report to the seller. Seller, at their own discretion, may replace cat after the genetic guarantee has expired. Full medical history must be supplied to the seller.
14. If cat is to be found mistreated, neglected or ill for an unreasonable length of time at Seller’s request Buyer must surrender the cat to Seller with no reimbursement or refund to Buyer.
15. Allergic reaction to the cat is the responsibility of the buyer, but seller will assist buyer in finding new home for cat, with limited or no reimbursement or refund to Buyer.
16. Seller will not be held responsible for any type of common feline infections known to affect cats beyond the Limited health guarantee. Buyer agrees there are common infections cats are often subject to suffer and are beyond the control of the Seller.
17. Any legal fees incurred, by failing to comply with the above conditions, will be the responsibility of the Buyer, and will be filed and governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas, as well as Dallas County.
18. If seller finds it in the best interest of the cat, seller has a right to cancel this contract and refund all monies payed, before Buyer takes possession of cat.
Buyer agrees to and/or guarantees the following conditions:
If Buyer discovers a problem with cat after the Limited Warranty period, the Buyer may allow Seller’s vet to be in contact with the Buyers vet, in order to ask questions, as well as keeping up to date on the health of each of our kittens/cats.
This is a legal binding document. Buyer agrees to forward all medical records and properly signed registration papers should the cat have to be surrendered back to the seller (BlueRags Cattery) due to breach of contract with no reimbursements to buyer.
Effective date of purchase: ____/____/_______.
Signature: _______________________________ Date: ___/___/______
(Victoria Milam and/or Amanda Delaisse)
____________________________________________ Date: ___/___/______
____________________________________________ Date: ___/___/______